I offer a free consultation to any person in Northwest Georgia who is considering bankruptcy. Here are my top ten bankruptcy tips for keeping your free consultation hassle-free. Please note that most bankruptcy clients don’t bring anything to their first appointment with me because they just want some basic information. However, if you want the most hassle-free consultation if you are considering bankruptcy, please read this list of tips carefully.
1. Make a list of all your debts. On this list, include names, addresses, account numbers, and amounts owed. Simply getting a copy of your credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com is not good enough because some creditors do not report to any credit bureaus. Making a list will help you get every creditor you owe into your case. If you owe a buy-here-pay-here, I need to know about when I’m trying to analyze your situation. Don’t leave any creditor off this list.
2. Make a list of all your assets. If you file a bankruptcy case, it is extremely important that all of your assets are listed in the case so that we can protect them. If it is not listed in the bankruptcy, it is not protected. In order for me to whether bankruptcy is right for you, I need to know every thing you own. There are some rare cases where its better not to file bankruptcy because of some high value asset. For example, I met with a person last year who did not want to file bankruptcy after he found out that a Chapter 7 trustee could take his antique car that was worth more than $50,000.00. Fortunately, this person was smart enough to tell me everything so that I could warn him to stay away from Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
3. Bring as many paystubs as you can for the last six months. Your gross income for the last six months will determine what type of bankruptcy case you may be able to file.
4. Bring your most recent tax return.
5. Fill out my client questionnaire before you come into the office. This will save a lot of time. Click here to download it.
6. When filling out the bankruptcy questionnaire, pay close attention to your monthly budget. If we are going to come up with a plan that actually works for you, the budget must be realistic.
7. If you have been served with any lawsuits, please bring them with you to the appointment.
8. Please bring any letters you have received from nasty bill collectors.
9. Bring your most recent bank statement for all of your bank accounts.
10. If you own a house, bring your most recent tax assessment which shows the fair market value of your house.
Call me today at 770-809-3099 for your free consultation.