Marriage & Fiance Visas | Georgia marriage and fiance visa attorney | Georgia
[hsas-shortcode group="" speed="40" direction="left" gap="150"]

Marriage & Fiance Visas

Marriage and Fiance Visa Attorney in Georgia

If you’re a U.S citizen who is engaged or married to a foreign national, you may probably have a lot of questions about visas and green cards that will help you fulfill your dream of living together in the United States. In most cases, foreign fiancés or wives of American citizens can immigrate to the United States and obtain a green card through a fiancé visa or a marriage visa. If you plan to build your life as a married couple, you will need to know which visa to apply for. A credible Georgia immigration attorney can help you explore your legal options and help ease the burden of the immigration process.  

At the Law Office of Jeffrey B. Kelly, we help our clients reunite with their loved ones. Our immigration law firm provides expert legal counsel to individuals and families with their complex immigration matters including fiancé and marriage visas, consular visa processing, and family-sponsored immigration. We will help you choose the visa that best suits your needs and assist you in completing the required paperwork to be eligible.

Call us now and schedule an initial consultation.

What is a Marriage Visa?

A marriage visa is an immigrant visa that allows the foreign spouse to live and work in the United States as a permanent resident. It is the first step toward becoming a United States citizen. Marriage visas are classified into two categories: singles and couples—the CR1 and the IR1 Marriage Visas, respectively.

To qualify, you and your spouse must have a legally valid marriage supported by a marriage certificate showing both spouses’ names and marriage dates. In this case, the couple will have to get married outside the United States. You must also prove that any previous marriages have been terminated and that your marriage is not fraudulent. You can verify this by providing evidence like photos of the couple, joint leases, or joint bank accounts.

Below are the requirements for a marriage visa:

If you need help getting any of the required documents for your marriage visa, call our reliable Georgia marriage and fiancé visa attorneys today.

What Is a Fiancé Visa?

A fiancé visa (also known as a K-1 visa) is a nonimmigrant visa that allows a foreign fiancé to marry and live in the United States. This is one of the most common types of visas granted to a foreign national to get married in the U.S. and then adjust the status to a permanent resident (green card holder). It is issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Before filing for a fiancé visa, a couple must typically have seen each other in person within the previous two years. The couple has to present legitimate documentation of the engagement such as proof of communication (via email or social media), photos, evidence of travel, and even records of joint accounts.

The foreign partner will be allowed to travel to the United States with a K-1 visa and marry their sponsor or petitioner within 90 days. This type of visa may be the fastest option to lawfully bring your fiancé to the United States. However, keep in mind that U.S. green card holders are not eligible to apply for fiancé visas. Furthermore, a K-1 visa can only be issued once. Therefore, if the fiancé will leave the U.S. before the marriage, he or she will not be allowed for re-entry under the same visa category.

Here are the requirements for a K1 visa:

  • A valid passport
  • Two passport-size photos
  • Evidence of relationship with U.S. citizen fiancé
  • Affidavit of support filed by the U.S. citizen
  • All pertinent visa applications (including two nonimmigrant visa applications: one nonimmigrant fiancé visa application and an application for an immigrant visa and alien registration)
  • Medical examination papers
  • Divorce or death certificates of any previous marriages for both parties

The K-1 Visa is the best way for you and your fiancé to start a new life together in the United States. If you need legal help with your fiancé visa application, consult our seasoned fiancé visa attorneys at the Law Office of Jeffrey B. Kelly. We will ensure that your paperwork is filled out correctly, all required documents will be obtained, and all necessary immigration rules and requirements will be met.

Adjustment of Visa Status

Changing your status from nonimmigrant to immigrant is a frequent procedure for foreign nationals in the United States. It is possible to modify your status in the United States if the necessary conditions are met. However, it may not be feasible for all types of visas. If you have any questions regarding your K-1 Adjustment of Status or any immigration-related concerns, seek legal advice from a qualified Georgia immigration lawyer.

For fiancé visas, the adjustment of status is the process that the foreign spouse uses to request a change in immigration status to that of a lawful permanent resident. Fiancé visa beneficiaries are required to apply for adjustment of status to permanent residency after marriage. Many couples prefer the adjustment of the status process because you can go through the entire process of obtaining a green card from within the United States.

Speak to our Experienced Georgia Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorneys Now!

Acquiring citizenship through marriage is a decision that has to be carefully made. With so many categories of visas available, you need to review the eligibility requirements of each one to determine the best option. Whether you apply for a fiancé visa or a marriage visa will depend on a set of circumstances related to you and your future spouse. Before making a decision, you need to know how much it will cost to get this type of visa and how long you will have to wait.

If you wish to bring your fiancé or spouse to the United States, consult our competent Georgia marriage and fiancé visa attorneys at the Law Office of Jeffrey B. Kelly. Our immigration law firm can help you navigate the complex marriage-based immigration process. Getting the correct forms filed without errors and knowing exactly what to expect from the process can make everything less complicated. We will help you understand your options and provide you with the immigration services you need.

Contact us now and schedule an initial consultation with a marriage and fiance visa attorney.

Reach Your Immigration Goals Today!

We are experienced immigration lawyers ready to help you achieve your goals.

We Can Help You Solve Your

Are you losing sleep because of your legal status? Worry no more! Our experienced immigration attorneys at The Law Office of Jeffrey B. Kelly can help you break free from your immigration problems. We will help you find the best possible way to live and work in the U.S. legally. Schedule an appointment with an experienced immigration lawyer in Georgia today!